Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Why you gotta play that song so loud? COS I want to!

Ahahahahaha, oh well, i'm laughing at that AWESOME post title, even if nobody else is!

Cos recently arrived to Irish shores in BT2 and having previously looked, but not touched, I was really excited about the arrival. Ever since (ooh, about 2 months?) i've been going in on a weekly basis to perv on all the pieces. The shapes, the textures (ooh the gorgeous soft jerseys, crisp cottons and rough linens) and the gorgeous cuts. A white shirt is not just a white shirt if it's from Cos - it has a perfect cut, an interesting detail, a clean line. They're timeless pieces you could keep in your wardrobe and dig out in years to come and still look elegant and classy. The next best bit about Cos? The price. It is SO affordable. And that, these days, is usually a thing of myth and rarely ever translates once it hits our shores and converts into Euro. Thankfully, Cos is Swedish and therefore Euro-friendly. I cannot urge you enough to check out your nearest Cos store or concession, or have a look online at the beautiful pieces. For me, it's payday tomorrow and I have my eye on a whole new wardrobe! (honestly, i'm even annoying myself at how in love with the label I am)

ANYWAY, this post, while covered in slobber from all the drooling, is less about the pieces and more about the gorgeous Spring/Summer 2011 Cos Magazine. It comes with a gorgeous free poster (not at all clothes related - Two Blue Points by Anders Edstrom) and has interviews with photographers, equine therapists (?!), a museum director and a popstar - the gorgeous Lykke Li. Here's a few photos of the magazine that I took - I don't have a scanner so you'll have to make do with these, or even better, GET YOUR OWN!







I love the juxtaposition of the masculine shoes and pose with the beautiful pastel colours and feminine lines of the skirt. 



I also love how the accessories are shot - it's almost giving me storage ideas for my own necklaces. 

Have any of you ventured into Cos and/or bought anything yet? Tell me all and make me jealous! C


4 comments:

  1. We must be on different COS fondling schedules. I love their stuff and bought a dress a few months ago and find something I want to buy everytime I am in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, it's just all so gorgeous and lovely. I've spotted about 3 dresses in there - handy as I have 3 weddings to attend this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone always finds amazing stuff at Coz but I never do, we only have a small consession though. I only ever bought a simple black tshirt I do love it though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a ton of Cos stuff from living abroad. Its great quality and lasts well. Their tees and shirts are great and they do simple dresses that you can easily dress up. The concession in BT is tiny though with very little choice!!!

    ReplyDelete