Wednesday, February 9, 2011

New (York) Purchases

So, i'm back from my few days in NYC. I had great plans to buy items that I needed rather than items that I wanted....alas, my mental shopping list was no help in my purchases.
I kept doing that whole 'hmm, i'll wait and see what else there is before i buy this' thing, which ultimately led me to leave a whole load of items behind.
ALSO, my search for the House Of Harlow 1979 Sunburst Cocktail Ring proved unfruitful *sadface* - having searched online for NYC stockists I discovered Bloomingdale's carried stock, however after a less than productive encounter with a snotty sales assistant I came away empty handed. It's just not meant to be! (OR, I could just buy online..)

I digress, I've taken a few photos of the items that I can find near the top of my suitcase - my favourite amongst them have to be the Steve Madden wedge boots - more on them in a few. Apologies for the bad quality of photos - i'm still hungover.

I bought this in Forever 21+ as I like tank tops like this to be baggy so I can wear them over wet-look leggings or skinny jeans. 

 
I can't find this top online, but it's from Material GIrl in Macy's. Yes. Madonna & Lourdes line...i'm as shocked as you are! It's an oversized blouse with lovely slash details on the sleeves from shoulder to elbow. The colours and pattern are gorgeous, so i've done a close up of them - it's a lovely chiffon material.

This blazer is just a wardrobe staple from Old Navy. Nothing to get too excited about, but I do love the detail on the sleeve when rolled back. 




The above 2 are also from Material Girl in Macy's - again, can't find them online. The bodycon skirt goes great with everything, I love it. And the denim shirt is a really nice light, denim colour and in a light cotton, rather than heavy denim.



The above, soft-knit, oversized tshirt is from a random boutique along Broadway. I can't remember the name of it but it had LOADS of gorgeous blouses and soft-knit tops like this. 



This dress is from Brooklyn Flea Market. I bought it for $15 and while it's quite girly for me, there was something about it that mad eme want it. For fifteen dolla I couldn't really say no. 

I also bought some awesome jewellery in the flea market, which I can't find right now...I hope I didn't leave them behind!


Leopard print chiffon blouse from Old Navy - self explanatory. 

And NOW, for my fave purchases, aswell as some random make up purchases (not including my Sephora haul - I might keep that for another day!)




Steve Madden Wedge Ankle Boots. 
Jizz.



I'll do the beauty buys in another post in the coming days...right now i'm tired and i'm back to work tomorrow. BOO!!! 

rarr

6 comments:

  1. Love these items!! The shoes are fab<3

    Stop by sometime dear! Maybe we can follow each other if you like?

    http://mademoiselleconomist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a fabulous time (snotty sales assistants aside). It's the best city in the world.

    Thanks for commenting on my blog, I'm glad you liked my make up tutorial.

    www.blahblahbecky.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the boots!
    http://eversofabulous.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you got so much great stuff. I love the print on the first dress and the wedges and bag are fab


    Bow Dream Nation xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Chickaroo, thanks for following me, I would follow you everywhere! haha! Great blog! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those booties are absolutely godly. And so is that Hobo bag.

    http://couturemepink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete