Sunday, February 27, 2011

Equipment for less

Equipment shirts, according to Elle.com in 2009, were the 'most coveted item to own during the 80s and early 90s'. Owned by Christian Restoin, Carine Roitfeld's longterm partner, the line was revived in 2009 with the help of Serge Azria.


The shirts are luxurious, soft flowing and silk is just one of the materials they use. Retailers have a choice of over 135 styles to choose from!
Retailing here, in Ireland, for over €200 and recently stocked in BT2, they were, until today, a covetable piece of luxury for me. I went into aforementioned BT2 on 2 occasions in the last week to feel their soft fabric and dream that I would maybe be able to cut back on my spending splurges to be able to afford one. 
SO, imagine my unhinged DELIGHT, when, no more than 30 minutes ago, I received my daily email from Swirl by DailyCandy into my inbox offering a choice few shirts from Equipment for $19 in their sample sale. NINETEEN DOLLARS!!
As luck has it, as they will only deliver within the US & not to PO Box numbers, my boyfriend is currently living in NYC. To cut a long story short, and to avoid overshare, I had to google his address as the time difference means he's still snoring his head off and I have had no reason to have his address before now (regardless of the fact that I was there last month, oops).


I digress and I forthwith present to you my latest obsession PURCHASED. Behold, the Theodore (I purchased in black)


Image via shopstyle.com

To say i'm excited is an understatement....I just hope I got my boyfriend's address right!
I can't wait to wear this over wetlook leggings and a skinny belt or tucked into some city shorts and ankle boots. 
Now...to wait a week or 2 for my delivery. 

HAPPY SUNDAY!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a bargain, well done, you're so on top of things!

    Will you be my stylist sometime?

    Also I've given you a Stylish Blogger Award so enjoy a mention on my blog and enjoy writing your Stylish Blogger Award Post even more!

    http://youmustbemaud.blogspot.com/2011/02/stylish-blogger-award-and-little-info.html

    x

    ReplyDelete