Monday, February 14, 2011

Bafta Vs Grammy Fashion

I keep meaning to do a NYFW post, but with various commitments during the past week I haven't had a chance to check out my favourites just yet. This weekend  saw 2 of the biggest red carpet events in the celeb diary and here's a quick rundown of *my* favourite and not-so-favourite outfits from both.

First up is the Baftas:
Images via Look.co.uk

Jessica Alba - she can sometimes do wrong with her outfit choices, but she's got it spot on here in Atelier Versace. This gorgeous royal blue colour compliments her olive skin perfectly and gives her gorgeous shape (and cleavage?!!) Her clutch is cute and the statement necklace doesn't take away too much from the gorgeous dress.
Thandie Newton is someone who consistently looks great at red carpet events. However she's someone that usually slips under my radar. Ordinarily she would run the risk of blending in with the carpet with this colour, however this Monique Lhullier dress manages to stand out and scream GLAMOUR. I love. 

Image via Look.co.uk

Amy Adams - YIKES. I'm not sure what to say about this. In theory  this Elie Saab dress is gorgeous - the colour, the beautiful beading, the draping of the material. However it does nothing for Amy and I've definitely seen her looking much better. 

Image via Look.co.uk

Sarah Harding - oh no. This dress would be gorgeous without the thigh-high split or maybe with a different stance. I dunno...just...no...

Image via Look.co.uk

Rosamund Pike - she's gorgeous, it's Alexander McQueen. Everyone else loves it, I feel I should. Yet, I don't and I can't quite place my finger on it. Why don't I love this? Whhhhhhyyyyyy??! 

Image via Look.co..uk

Gemma Arterton - PERFECTION. I  love this YSL dress. The vibrant blue bow and the strong red lip are so striking with Gemma's brunette hair - definitely my favourite look of thee night. Pure class. 

Now, over the Atlantic and onto the more...playful fashion of the Grammy's. 

IMage via mlive.com

Nicki Minaj - Well it's fun isn't it? I love Nicki Minaj so i'm gonna be biased anyway. You wouldn't wear this to pop to the shops to buy a pint of milk like. 

Image via mlive.com

J.Lo. - great pins but where's the rest of your Pucci dress?!! 

Image via temptalia.com

Katy Perry in Armani Prive - barf. 

Image via mlive.com

Rhianna in Jean Paul Gaultier - I loved this haute couture dress on the runway and I love it on Rhianna. It's a brave choice and totally high-fashion, not everyone could pull it off and still manage to look relatively classy. I love Ri-Ri's toned down auburn locks aswell. Take THAT Chris Brown! 


So there we have it - 2 very different events, both filled to the brim with stylish and gorgeous celebs. The BAFTA's was an altogether classy affair, whilst the Grammy's affords you  a chance for a more playful and brave look. Which do you prefer? Are there any others that you loved/hated? 









1 comment:

  1. Haha Nicki Minaj is the only person who could pull that off - and I'm not sure that she does ;)

    Thanks for your comment !

    Hayfa

    ReplyDelete