Thursday, July 21, 2011

Chelsea Girl...ode to an ankle boot..

Sometimes I think I make up the trends myself. Nah, I'm kidding...I think. I've wanted a pair of chelsea boots for months, i've been scouring the internet, second hand shops & eBay for a nice vintage or worn looking pair. Good leather. Would last a lifetime.
None felt just right though. And then Topshop A/W happened. And everywhere followed suit.

Here's a rundown of my favourite highstreet chelsea boot-inspired.... erm, boots. Or ask your mum, maybe she has an old pair stashed away.
Wear with skinny jeans or a pretty dress with a denim shirt thrown over it. Endless options, timeless cool.


Topshop Ambush Glitter Ankle Boot  (also available in black glitter, black and tan leather)
(apologies for the awful image, ahem)


Topshop Maccoy leopard print brushed chelsea ankle boots



ASOS Andre Leather chelsea ankle boot

Office Novice chelsea boot


Marks and Spencer Limited Collection chelsea boot
While these M&S ones may not look like much in the photos, I tried them on today and not only do they fit like a glove, but the heel is a great size for non-regular heel wearers like myself. I love M&S for basics and they always surprise me by having a really on-trend piece done well. This is one of those times. 
I will, however, point out that the price in the UK is £35 and yet in Ireland they're €70. Really, Marks and Spencer? 










1 comment: