Sunday, May 22, 2011

Shopping for Paris : Handbags

WARNING!! For the next 3 weeks there is a distinct possibility that I will wreck everyone's heads by talking non-stop about Paris. I've never been before and i'm beyond excited.

Between now & then I'm going to be looking for key pieces to make my birthday trip as stylish as can be. Well, it is Paris after all...
I'm also looking for some shopping tips - especially vintage - so if you have any, please share in the comments!

Today i'm looking for the perfect bag to bring with me. I have a gorgeous brown leather vintage satchel which i'll be bringing, but it's quite small so I need something a bit more multifunctional that will fit camera, bottle of water, possible picnics, raincoat etc.
If I bring too big a bag I will find a way to fill it with unnecessary crap so i'm  not looking at anything too big and it must have an inside zip as otherwise i'll definitely lost stuff, i'm stupid like that.

ANYWAY, here's a few of my faves from what i've seen online so far.

ASOS Washed canvas pocket detail webbing strap bag (phew!)

River Island yellow satchel bag

Topshop taupe suede slouch satchel

Modalu leather Kensington satchel bag

Zara double handle city bag

Topshop top handle leather bag

At the moment I think the ASOS canvas bag is winning, for it's simplicity and functionality, but I love the colour of the above Topshop bag. Hmmm....decisions, decisions...





8 comments:

  1. Totes on the Asos tote. It has less structure, so you won't have to take things out to find what you need. Love Paris, if you can look in to going to Laduree for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only been to Paris once and it was a whistle-stop 14 hour trip - but I've heard Colette is AMAZING.

    www.blahblahbecky.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Asos bag, may have to get that for myself hehe! Enjoy Paris, it is one of my fave cities, just so magical!

    Love C x

    ReplyDelete
  4. my favourite's the ASOS one... I love it!
    Have fun in Paris :)
    Flora x
    http://notanotherrainysunday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite like that taupe Topshop tote - it's very Proenza Schouler

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I found you on IFB! So glad I did, I love your blog and am now your latest follower. Hope you can stop in over at DressologyHQ!

    I'm completely excited about your trip to Paris and looking forward to the posts! Also, I'm lovin' the TopShop bag, but i have an unreasonable affection for all shades of orange!
    xo
    Sada
    http://dressologyhq.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post was just what I needed as I am currently on the hunt for a new bag too! I love all of these! You must be so excited about Paris- I love it there. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. My vote goes to the red Topshop bagin the last picture! Preeety.

    ReplyDelete